Google

Monday, November 12, 2007

In Gratitude


Today I want to pay homage to my teachers and to the spiritual path it took me a long time to find. Thirteen years ago today (Nov. 12) I went to my first "Sufi Dance" in Sebastopol, CA and found my home. Being involved with Sufism has been the one thing I have "committed" to (besides going to school) for so long. I have been more or less actively participating with several lineages during that time, but the community is large and flexible and it is not a problem (except in terms of time). I started with a lineage that came from Hazrat Inayat Khan from India, then added one that came from Mevlana Jelaleddin Rumi, who is buried in Konya, Turkey, but who was born elsewhere. Through my connection to Sufism, all my dreams have come true. I was reading a blog this morning about "to do" lists. Throughout my life, I have made lists about things I wanted to do before I die, places I want to go, etc. I have done them all. I also want to pay homage to Marianne Williamson, whose book Return to Love helped me get my priorities straight and get off the path of being a love addict. I'm not saying I'm "there" yet, but now I can see the "Beloved" in everyone, including myself more and more everyday.

No comments:

Mountain Rose Herbs